Tuesday, January 25, 2011

It's kind of a moot point at this stage of the game...considering the year is 1/12 over and I will probably be spending a good portion of this year in the haze of late pregnancy/new baby, but here it goes:  My 2011 Resolutions.  Duh duh duh duh duh. (that was supposed to be a dramatic drum roll, but it lost something in translation).

1.  Read more food labels.  Not for calories or fat or sodium, but for weird unknown ingredients.  Last year I made a valiant effort for more whole grains and water.  This is the 2011 equivalent.  Did you know they put MSG in lots of spice packets?  I'm sure you did, but I didn't and I don't want anyone here 
eating it or any other creepy chemicals where I can help it.

2.  Quit watching stupid TV.  I realized I'm filling valuable night time hours of quiet with the catty chatter of stupid people that I don't even care about.  Also, I kind of feel like my mind is turning to mush induced by days filled with feeding tubes, super-heros, and arguments about whether little people need coats or not--stupid TV is not helping the situation.  Maybe the news or a good book or a least a movie with a plot would help.

3.  Join a support group or a really good friend who understands what it's like to have a child like Lilah.  I even hate the words 'support group'...it just sounds cheesy and not really like something I'd be "into", but, come to think of it,  I'm not really "into" having a severely disabled child either, so I guess that argument is out.  This journey, I am learning, can be incredibly isolating and lonely and, while I don't really feel like reaching out, I do think it would be good for us.

4.  Quit making sarcastic comments about my bible study.  It's great and I've learned so much and I don't know why I have to be such a smart arse when grown women act like a simple bible study requires a procedure manual and an oath  people are different than me.  Besides, if I don't take it a little more seriously, I might get kicked out.  

Cheers to 2011!

5.  Read some news.  Any news, pertaining to anything in the world, besides that Scarlett and Ryan are getting a divorce or Nicole and Keith used a secret surrogate.  I have a secret fear that I might have to have dinner with someone important and have absolutely nothing intelligent to talk about other how to clean around a G-tube or program a sheep clock.

6.  Get organized.  This has been a resolution of mine since forever and it's probably not going anywhere anytime soon. I have a feeling it's going to get worse before it gets better, but I'm going down swinging.
Speaking of going down.....

#7.  To NOT lose my mind.  I think it will be a challenging year and I'm more than a little afraid of what the addition of screaming newborn will do to the sometimes 'near brink of disaster' state of affairs around here.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

ha ha ha! so funny. Garrett is adorable. Happy Birthday (belated) xoxo

Anonymous said...

These are good. I sure am enjoying the Bachelor. oh wait. Ugh - I think I just had a guilt pang.
:)AR

{A*very} Blessed Life said...

Gina, you are such a strong woman, I am certain your goals for the year will happen in some form or another. I have no idea what it is like to have a child with Lilah's condition, nor will I ever know. What I do know is that you are a
n awesome mother, you are real, you are honest and you are committed to putting one foot in front of the other to find meaning behind the pain you feel. No, I don't know, I can't ever know what it feels like to be in your shoes, but I am here as a friend who wants to know more who is inspires by you and who feels blessed that God allowed our paths to cross on our life's journeys. Thank you for being the person you are, for sharing your family with us, for being honest. I am blessed to call you a friend.

Elizabeth Myatt said...

Don't give up the bachelor. It's real life love and brad Womack is a changed man. You're missing out.